Australian romance author, Ally Blake, loves strong coffee, bingeing on Netflix, fluffy white clouds in bright blue skies, when a favourite song comes on the car radio that she hasn't heard in ages, and the glide of a cheap, soft, dark pencil over really good notepaper.
She also adores writing love stories. With readers delighting in the "sprinkle of effervescence" she adds to her books, her "fairy tales for grown-ups", and having sold over four million copies of her novels worldwide, she truly is living the dream.
Alongside one handsome husband, three sparkly rambunctious kids, and too many animal companions to count, Ally lives and writes in the leafy western suburbs of Brisbane, Australia.
7 things I cannot do:
2. Enjoy summer without six layers of sunscreen, a hat the size of a UFO and sunglasses
3. Sleep without a cover of some sort
4. Say something unpleasant without knocking on wood
6. Eat Brussels spouts
7. Read one book at a time
7 things I say most often:
1. That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard!
3. How ridiculous.
4. What’s for dinner?
5. I win!
6. Love you, bubba.
7. I'm so happy for you!
7 books I've loved of late :
1. “Things in Jars" by Jess Kidd
2. “Boy Swallows Universe" by Trent Dalton
3. “Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine" by Gail
4. “Lily and the Octopus" by Steven Rowley
5. "Lincoln in the Bardo" by George Saunders
6. “The Girl on the Page" by John Purcell
7. "The Hating Game" by Sally Thorne
7 TV shows I've re-watched all the way
1. Pride & Prejudice (the Colin Firth one)
2. The West Wing
3. Gilmore girls
4. Sex and the City
5. Arrested Development
6. The Good Wife
7 movies I've watched a zillion times:
1. Field of Dreams
2. Notting Hill
3. Pillow Talk
5. The Winslow Boy
6. The Godfather
7. American President
7 Favourite Places to Go
1. My bed
3. New York
4. My porch swing on a warm day
5. The beach
7. Inside the pages of a great book
7 author auto-reads:
1. Lisa Kleypas
2. Kylie Scott
3. Anne Gracie
4. Robert Galbraith
5. Avery Flynn
6. Amy Andrews
7. Dick Francis